Roy Lubit MD, Ph.D. is a nationally recognized Adult and Child Forensic Psychiatrist, with particular expertise in the evaluation of emotional trauma, traumatic brain injury, child custody (including parental alienation), and the critiquing of forensic evaluations. Dr. Lubit has appeared in court as an expert witness in hundreds of cases.
Types of Cases
- Evaluation of emotional trauma in children and adults (PTSD
- Civil rights, section 1983, cases
- Traumatic Brain Injury Evaluations
- Child custody evaluations (including Hague Convention and parental alienation issues)
- Psychological and psychiatric malpractice
- Forensic evaluation critiques
- Testimentary Capacity, Competence to Sign a Contract, Guardianship
- Not guilty by reason of insanity
- False Confession
In addition to his work on behalf of private patients, Dr. Lubit clients have included the U.S. federal government, the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, New Jersey Prosecutor’s Office, State of Missouri, City of Chicago, and Seminole County Public School District.
Dr. Lubit has lectured to lawyers, judges, mental health professionals, and insurance companies. He has made numerous appearances on television and radio, speaking as an expert in his field.
He has had faculty appointments at New York University Medical School, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and New York Medical College. He has served as a consultant to the Bar.
Association of the City of NY concerning child custody issues, and to the Accountability
Review Panel of Children’s Services in New York City.